CANDLE CARE from us to you, because...candles need love too!
- CREATE A BURN MEMORY - The first time you burn our candles, it’s important to allow it to burn for at least 3-4 hours to create a full “melt pool”. This means the melted wax reaches all the way to the edge of the container. This creates a 'burn memory' which will prevent your candle from tunneling and creates an even burn ensuring you get the maximum burn time out of your candle.
- Do NOT burn your candle for more than 4 hours and TRIM wick to 1/4" before relighting each time. This is super important as it will reduce any smoke & 'mushrooming' of the wick encouraging a longer burn time.
Candle Safety Tips
Candles can be a serious fire hazard if not used properly. The following tips are to help minimize your risk when burning your candles in your home.
- NEVER leave a burning candle unattended.
- ALWAYS place candles on an even surface.
- BURN AWAY from things that can catch fire (like bedding, curtains, decorations, and clothing).
- KEEP burning candles in a well-ventilated area and out of reach of children and four legged friends.
- FOLLOW the burning instructions on the caution sticker on your candle.
- SIT BACK, relax and enjoy!
All of our ingredients are thoughtfully sourced to create safe, sustainable products that are vegan, phthalate free, dye free, free of paraffin wax, additional wax additives, and never tested on animals.
Our candles are made with 100% US grown soy wax, 100% cotton core wicks containing zero amounts of lead, and blends of the finest fragrance oils infused with essential oils - proudly, Prop 65 compliant.
We use a high-quality premium blend of man-made and natural fragrances for as they 1) allow us to create more complex scent profiles; 2) are oftentimes, more sustainable to produce; and 3) allow us to offer our products at accessible price points.
Our products are designed to elevate - not overpower - your everyday. Because of this, their scent throw will be more intimate than other products on the market. To ensure your space is well-scented, we suggest using each product in the appropriately sized space.
What is soy wax?
Soy wax is a vegetable wax made from the oil of soybeans. The process starts with domestically grown, U.S. soybeans from which the oil is separated. The oil is then purified and goes through a process called hydrogenation which changes it from liquid oil to a solid shortening at room temperature. The wax we use undergoes a purification process to thoroughly remove any pesticides, herbicides or Genetically Modified Materials (GMM).
What's the difference between a soy candle and a traditional candle?
Traditionally, candles were made with paraffin wax. An end-product of petroleum, Paraffin contains up to 11 carcinogenic compounds deemed 'toxic air contaminants'. The petrol-carbon soot that paraffin wax emits can blacken walls, ceilings, and furniture, contaminate ventilation ductwork in your home, as well as add toxic carcinogens into the air you breathe.
Soy candles are better for you and for the environment. Soy wax is non-toxic and burns cleaner than paraffin, with no petrol-carbon soot. Soy candles burn slower and cooler than paraffin wax, giving them a longer life-span than paraffin candles. Since soybeans are vegetables, soy wax is naturally biodegradable, making it easier to remove from the candle container after burning, easier to clean up if spilled on other surfaces, and comes out of clothing in the wash.
Will soy wax candles affect my soy allergies?
No, for the simple reason you are not ingesting the wax. It’s the digestive proteins that trigger the allergy. Since you are burning the candle, the protein chains are broken up and are no longer the same molecules that could cause the allergy.
My candle has wet spots or frosting. Why?
Wet spots or frosting on a candle are very common and natural characteristics of pure vegetable waxes and are most often caused by changes in temperature. They are purely aesthetic and absolutely do not affect the scent throw or burning properties of the candles. Often, the candle appearance will self-correct once the candle is burning and heating the jar.