Candle Care & FAQ's
CANDLE CARE from us to you, because...candles need love too!
- CREATE A BURN MEMORY - The first time you burn our candles, it’s important to allow it to burn for at least 3-4 hours to create a full “melt pool”. This means the melted wax reaches all the way to the edge of the container. This creates a 'burn memory' which will prevent your candle from tunneling and creates an even burn ensuring you get the maximum burn time out of your candle.
- Do NOT burn your candle for more than 4 hours and TRIM wick to 1/4" before relighting each time. This is super important as it will reduce any smoke & 'mushrooming' of the wick encouraging a longer burn time.
Candle Safety Tips
Candles can be a serious fire hazard if not used properly. The following tips are to help minimize your risk when burning your candles in your home.
- NEVER leave a burning candle unattended.
- ALWAYS place candles on an even surface.
- BURN AWAY from things that can catch fire (like bedding, curtains, decorations, and clothing).
- KEEP burning candles in a well-ventilated area and out of reach of children and four legged friends.
- FOLLOW the burning instructions on the caution sticker on your candle.
- SIT BACK, relax and enjoy!
My candle has wet spots or frosting. Why?
Wet spots or frosting on a candle are very common and natural characteristics of pure vegetable waxes and are most often caused by changes in temperature. They are purely aesthetic and absolutely do not affect the scent throw or burning properties of the candles. Often, the candle appearance will self-correct once the candle is burning and heating the jar.
Can my candle vessel be refilled?
Any candle you bought (or made!) with us can be easily refilled. To clean it out for a refill simply:
- Boil hot water and pour it into your almost empty candle.
- Let the water cool completely. All the wax should melt, float to the top, and eventually solidify.
- Throw out the excess wax or reuse it in a wax melter!
- Pop out the candle’s wick easily with a spoon.
- Clean the vessel with soap and hot water.
- Check out our Candle Refills page for locations to refill with ANY of our signature scents (or your own!)
- Turn around can take up to a few days to a week. We will text/call/email when it is ready for pick up.
- ENJOY and feel extra awesome for #recycling and #reusing!
- 12oz candles will burn for 40+ hours.
- 16oz candles will burn for 65+ hours.
- Double wick candles will burn for 90+ hours.
What kind of oils do you use?
What is the diffuser base made of?
How do they make the scents smell so close to the real thing?
What is the difference between essential oils and fragrance oils?/Why use
Are your products safe for pets?
What’s the best way to clean out my candle jar for re-use?
- Freezer Method
- Place your (cooled) candle jar into the freezer for 30 minutes - 4 hours.
- Take it out and carefully use a butter knife to loosen and pry out the leftover wax.
- Melting Method
- On your candle’s last burn, you can pour the melted wax out onto paper towel or other paper/trash (that won’t melt). Carefully wipe the jar clean with paper towel.
- Boiling Method
- Carefully pour boiling water into the jar with leftover candle wax. Let it sit for 4-5 hours, then you can attempt to remove the wax, which should rise to the top.